Santa Is In Your Town
Traditional Gingerbread Recipe
Gingerbread is a traditional dish that is prepared during Christmas almost everywhere. There are various treats that can be fashioned out of gingerbread like gingerbread men, gingerbread stars, wreaths and gingerbread houses. Every Christmas families make their favourite gingerbread treats to serve up during the traditional family Christmas dinner.
Here we have a simple gingerbread recipe that makes the most delicious gingerbread you have tasted. You can use the same recipe to make a gingerbread house or gingerbread men.
Ingredients for Christmas Gingerbread
- 125g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 30 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ginger powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Take a baking tray , line it with baking paper or parchment.
- Take a saucepan and add butter, golden syrup and sugar and melt over a medium flame, ensure it does not stick to the bottom or burn.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, ginger powder and baking soda.
- Add in the butter mix to the flour and mix until you have a stiff mix.
- On a rolling board dust some flour and roll out the dough in 1/2 cm thickness.
- Use a cookie or biscuit cutter to cut shapes in the rolled dough.
- Place the cut dough on the baking tray and bake for 10 min until the bread is light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling.
Your traditional gingerbread is ready to be served. You can decorate your Christmas gingerbread with icing or with ribbons and place those on a platter ready to be served along with other traditional Christmas dinner recipes.